Saturday, 12 November 2016

I've Arrived: What a Time to Be Stateside

I've been planning for it, longing for it and worrying about it for countless months, but at last it's here. I'm in New York City! And what a time to be here...

On Election Night I sat down for an all-nighter, surrounded by snacks, to watch America elect its first female President. Except I didn't, of course. What ended up watching was no less than a massive middle finger to women, LGBTs, Muslims, Hispanics, and African Americans. I watched America decide that Trump was to be the next President of the country. Wow.

I'm not going to go into my thoughts too much here, not least because they've already been said by people far more clever and informed than me. But I couldn't put up a blog post - about being in the States no less - without mentioning it. So there was that.

Skimming over the apparent dawn of the apocalypse... I've been loving exploring my new home! Although New York is an extremely expensive city, there's still lots to do if you'd rather not part with your cash. Like crossing the Brooklyn Bridge! It's a great spot to get some beautiful photos of the city, day or night.

I've certainly been keeping a close eye on my money, and in the process I've been finding more and more things to do in New York City that happen to be free! Of course, there will be posts about it all so keep an eye out for that (psst, follow me on Bloglovin').

And when I'm not blogging, I'll sure as hell be on the Insta, so be sure to follow me there to see more of my adventures in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment